Baby Essentials + Pinterest
In an attempt to boost my interent cred, and maintain my webular ninja status, I've just signed up for Pinterest. Crazy, I know, I'm trying to be an early adopter for once. (When Facebook started, I was all, "internet? What is 'internet' anyway?" And I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming to Twitter. My last job forced me to sign up, against my will. Those bastards. And now I'm addicted.) But Pinterest! I'm joining! Early(ish)!
So far, I'm in love.
(Now, imagine a wonderfully elegant transition to my next line of thinking here.)
I've gotten a few emails from readers* asking for hints, tips, and tricks for surviving as a new parent. And I thought to myself, "MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN! I'll just create a little pinboard of baby essentials, and learn about Pinterest that way." So, without further adoo, here is my wonderful fabulous list of things that are essential for the all essential baby.
Okay, so now that you've had a look, I'd like to say a few things about Pinterest.
- It is awesome and beautiful (true)
- You should join (also true)
- I worry that I've degraded the aesthetic value and strayed from the philosophy of Pinteret by posting a shitload of plastic crap on my pinboard, but wheves (probable)
- Is it, perhaps a gigantic feedback loop wherein everyone ends up liking the same stuff? (maybe)
- Will it make me feel bad about myself for not having enough beautiful things in my life? (yes)
- WIll it keep me blissfully unfazed by my screaming child as I sit by her crib as she shouts about the injustice of having to go to sleep (certainly, yes)
Therefore, in conclusion, I'm digging Pinterest. You guys should join. Hit me up for an invite, will ya? And then follow me, cuz it's more fun that way.
Also, as an aside, if you want a superhelpful beginers guide, visit Megan at Sorta Crunchy.
*No I haven't; I just said that to sound important, like a bloggy authority. Whatever, all the cool kids are doing it.